How many Watt i need for my new pc ??????

planet-earth

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Hi i need to know
1- How many watt i need for my new pc i will build soon
2-do i need the artic silver on the cpu for the crosair h50
3- Do i need the extra fans on the expensive cases( i mean other than the one on the cpu)

My WPc includes:
1- PCU- Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz
2-Ram- Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 Dominator 12 GB PC3-12800 1600Mhz 240-pin Triple Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
3- Graphic card- Zotac gtx 480 ( do i need a fan for it)
4- Motherboard- P6X58D Premium X58 LGA1366 MAX-24GB Atx 3PCIE16 Pcie Pci
and a bluray player and a 1 tera wd hard disk
thanks

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Edit:
But, the GTX480 isn't there yet. So, best guesses...
1. For a single GTX480, not less than 600W, and 650W would be better. Choose a model with full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and 80+ certification. Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, and Enermax are among the better brands.
2. Most CPU coolers come with pre-applied thermal paste. For the total amount you'll be paying for this rig, another $8 or so hardly seems unreasonable to have some extra around in case you ever need to reseat your cooler.
3. You want to have enough fans to create airflow through the case. Remember, your WC radiator needs airflow if it is going to work well. You don't want to fight physics, so front and side fans are usually intake, and top and rear (including the PSU) are exhaust.

1) A good branded (Corsair/Antec/...) 650w with most of the wattage on the 12v lines would be fine (i would recommend Corsair 650HX)

2) it depends if/what thermal paste it comes with, though it wouldn't hurt (its always good to have some extra laying around)

3) depends on the case, personally i replace the case fans on most cases for gaming builds