Sign in with
Your question

My computer keeps scrolling down and up on its own

Last response: in Windows XP
August 29, 2012 12:31:43 AM

i even went to control panel, it not the mouse. this computer is not old to. I dont know why it doing dis. I need to kno how to fixed this problem cause it gettin anoying

More about : computer scrolling

August 29, 2012 8:38:34 AM

sounds odd, does the computer scroll up and down literally on its own with no help what so ever from you? Cause if this were the case i'd say maybe a problem with the keyboard.

But to go both up and down, on it's own Id think the stuck actions would cancel each other out unless they were just randomly firing. Did ya try changing the keyboard?
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:03:00 PM

Perhaps try reinstalling your mouse drivers or download the newest mouse drivers.
m
l
Related resources
September 28, 2013 8:55:48 PM

muscleboi john said:
i even went to control panel, it not the mouse. this computer is not old to. I dont know why it doing dis. I need to kno how to fixed this problem cause it gettin anoying

Hey I had the same exact problem... this is what you need.
3 Q-Tips, a fillips screw driver and some hand sanitizer.
open you mouse *be careful* and soak the q tips in sanatizer. Then wipe the inside of the mouse and let it sit for a while. the wiping is to clean out any dust ect. also take a clean q tip (dipped in sanatizer) and wipe the laser area. Now with the dry clean Q-tip re-wipe the entire inside of the mouse; lens first and close it up and you are good to go!!!

-Knowledge obtained for experimenting with my own mouse:wahoo: 
m
l
November 24, 2013 8:36:53 PM

muscleboi john said:

I'm pretty sure you've already solved this problem, aha.
But, to the people who are indeed having this problem, I had the same one.
I've had my computer for about 3 years, and trust me it does get a little dusty. So all of a sudden a few minutes ago the page just started scrolling up and down, so I go and troubleshoot.
Nothing.
I shortly found out, it wasn't the keyboard, it's the mouse.
So to everyone who has a laptop, the reason the page may be scrolling up and down on it's own is because there's dust or maybe crumbs under the buttons.
Just take something that's sharp and thin and kinda dig in there. ( i.e tweezers, a needle that you use for sewing, the led from a mechanical pencil, the sharp side of a push pin, a baby pin, a twisted paperclip that's formed into a long stick-like figure, the back of an earring, a nail used for hammering )
Or, you can just beat the crap out of the bottom of the laptop while it's upside down, which won't do any good.
Anyways,
Keep doubletapping or pressing the left button until it works again.
Sorry for the long reply.
You're Welcome~
m
l
January 17, 2014 5:09:58 AM

I occasionally have this problem and I just "restart". The computer defaults and the problem is resolved. But, to say I know what causes it in the first place, I do not. Given that it only happens every once in awhile, I haven't put much effort into figuring out why it happens but for me, a simple reboot does the trick.
m
l
!