Controlling LEDs in cases

theBNich

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm thinking about getting a nice case for my system; in particular, I'm considering this one. I like everything about it, but I'm worried about the LEDs. While I like them, I'm concerned they may be too bright at night, and I'd really like to be able to turn them off so they don't light up my room. Since the case doesn't seem to have any way to control these LEDs, I was wondering if there was a fairly simple way to add a switch myself, and if so, what to purchase. From what I can tell, the LEDs are attached directly to the case, so I'd have to cut the cables for the mod.

According to the specs, it includes two TriCool blue LED front fans. How will you turn the LEDs off on the fans? They are the ones that should really bother you at night.

Edit: I just read Shadow's post and I have to agree with him.

theBNich

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010

Thanks for the response. I really have no modding skills at all, and I don't even own a soldering iron, so it sounds like it would be too much trouble. I wish case makers would start including simple LED on/off switches, especially in these more expensive cases...I doubt I'm the only one that doesn't want LEDs on all the time. I guess if I do decide to get this case, I'll find something to stick in front of it to block the light at night if it's an issue. Thanks.