Radeon 1950xt won't diplay flat tv

volanis

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
I have a problem viewing my philips flat tv with my pc. The tv works on all my other computers no problem, but not my best one. the native resolution is 800x600, 60hz. what will happen in that when the computer is booting up, it will show post and windows logo then disappear. I can run it through s-video and composite but the quality is far from perfect.

I have tried running it as a second monitor, primary, have rolled back video card drivers and played with every setting known to ati control panel and nothing. well, the other day i booted into vga mode and it worked....well, it would only display 640x480 but when i tried to go to 800x600 the screen when blank even though this is the tvs native res and my other 2 computers display it fine.

I discovered something the other day that may be the problem. The other computers run to the monitor from a vga connector through a vga-dvi adapter into the dvi connection in the tv. well, my main computer is a dvi port so that connection is dvi to dvi whereas the two others are vga-dvi. this is the last thing i can think of and i read somewhere that if you go from dvi-dvi you need an actual dvi cable and not a vga with adapters...am i right?

nomsalp_11

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Hi, i've your same problem with an ATI x1900xtx and a flat lcd monitor by Philips.

I'm going crazy for a week, with, sets of installation but noway...

Have you resolved???

Please let me know your news

Thanks

ivan