Sign in with
Your question

Does Zalman 9500 require a backplate?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 15, 2012 10:48:47 PM

But I just got it so doesn't it include everything for 1155 now? The instruction manual mentions nothing about a backplate. Just clip and clip support.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 11:59:48 PM

see the note on zalman look like you got the old plate the zm-cs5b also use for the 1155 and 1156 there is a new one zm-cs5a and the other for 1366 zm-cs4a ,then you will be able to use it on a 1155
m
l
September 16, 2012 12:17:53 AM

I'm so confused and stressed out. Why does it mention nothing about a backplate.
m
l
September 17, 2012 1:46:15 AM

Will the washers/nuts do the job? Only thing that's killing me, is how you put em on....

You can set the washers on top of the nuts and lay them out correctly to place the mobo on, but the washers will likely slide off the nuts while trying to rest the mobo, or the nuts will get moved a bit out of alignment...

I don't know. they don't seem to be thinner than the motherboard standoffs in the case.

Avira seems to think the link from the how to install has malware in it. So I'm reluctant to check it out.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 18, 2012 1:11:45 AM

do you have a opening in the case of you board try to put the washer and the nut maybe you wiil have to remove the board from the system to install the cooler bracket ,they have to be shorter then the standoffs post for not touching the case and made ground this is a false positive from avira
m
l
September 18, 2012 2:06:13 AM

scout_03 said:
do you have a opening in the case of you board try to put the washer and the nut maybe you wiil have to remove the board from the system to install the cooler bracket ,they have to be shorter then the standoffs post for not touching the case and made ground this is a false positive from avira

That was pointless. The stupid how to install is using the old product that came with a backplate instead of washers/nuts...

So, I basically lay the nut/washer next to a standoff and find out? What if it looks almost even? Should I just Get a different cooler? Still like to figure out how to install them. Not simple like a backplate.

For a note, I haven't put the motherboard in the case yet, if you meant a cutout of the case for accessing the back of the mobo.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 18, 2012 6:30:36 PM

since this is high memory stick you will need to check the height of the bottom of you new cooler so you wont loose memory slot adding this this is the height of your memory sticks http://www.corsair.com/en/support/faq How Tall is My Corsair Memory Module?
m
l
September 18, 2012 11:49:30 PM

scout_03 said:
since this is high memory stick you will need to check the height of the bottom of you new cooler so you wont loose memory slot adding this this is the height of your memory sticks http://www.corsair.com/en/support/faq How Tall is My Corsair Memory Module?

People that did say the fan hanged over a memory slot said they just raised the fan to solve the issue. I been trying to find out how it's done but I haven't seen any details or videos on it.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 19, 2012 1:27:00 AM

since plastic clip that hold the fan it look like they slide it up so the fan move up but have to be hold on the cooler with the top and bottom part of the clip
m
l
!