Sign in with
Your question

High OC windows unstable?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 15, 2012 6:46:25 PM

my friend told me that windows becomes unstable not the cpu but windows becomes unstable wiht a higher oc than 4.8 Ghz.
can anyone confirm this? thanks on beforehand

Jeppishh

More about : high windows unstable

September 15, 2012 8:56:34 PM

That is not true if you apply enough voltage. Keep in mind if you overvolt too much you will have a brand new paperweight.
September 15, 2012 9:08:37 PM

cheezecake56 said:
That is not true if you apply enough voltage. Keep in mind if you overvolt too much you will have a brand new paperweight.

ye i told him that be he just kept on saying that it was windows not the cpu lol :) 
Related resources
September 15, 2012 11:25:59 PM

Tell him that if windows is unstable, the CPU is also unstable.
a c 180 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 11:30:38 PM

jeppishh said:
my friend told me that windows becomes unstable not the cpu but windows becomes unstable wiht a higher oc than 4.8 Ghz.
can anyone confirm this? thanks on beforehand

Jeppishh

You need new friends
September 17, 2012 4:37:33 PM

Pinhedd said:
You need new friends

nah i just need my friend to stop listening to certain things he hears from bad sources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 4:59:24 PM

Software does not become unstable due to any type of O.C. The only exception is very old software like the original Doom game as it was cpu dependent for play speed. When run on modern cpu's it runs so fast as to be unplayable. This is not exactly the same as saying it is unstable but as close as it might get. As to your friend, well ask him why he clings to incorrect information? If he has some documentation to support his view please post some links.
a c 180 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 7:15:45 PM

Dogsnake said:
Software does not become unstable due to any type of O.C. The only exception is very old software like the original Doom game as it was cpu dependent for play speed. When run on modern cpu's it runs so fast as to be unplayable. This is not exactly the same as saying it is unstable but as close as it might get. As to your friend, well ask him why he clings to incorrect information? If he has some documentation to support his view please post some links.

I swear that Doom used the real time clock. I remember there being a few levels which would bug out if the RTC on the PC was broken
September 17, 2012 8:40:08 PM

Dogsnake said:

well he doesnt have any documentation that is the stupid part. e jsut found someone saying it somewher some time ago on the internet .he has no idea where
!