Wouldn't it be nice

Last response: in Video Games
August 17, 2005 12:34:22 AM

My granny Sim has a lovely porch, where she can sit in the evenings and
watch the world go by. Right now, I have a small bookcase for her to pick
up some knowledge right by her chair, but I was thinking (always a dangerous
occupation): Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone very talented could hack a
bookcase, make it look like a crafting bag, where granny could pick up some
knitting or crocheting? The animation wouldn't be that different (the page
turns would be her turning the knitting around. That way, she could get
some knowledge points as she worked through her masterpiece. Creativity
would be nice, but I'm not sure how that would be handled.

Just an idea for a wish...
--
Moni

More about : nice

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:34:54 AM

fmomoon wrote:
> My granny Sim has a lovely porch, where she can sit in the evenings
> and watch the world go by. Right now, I have a small bookcase for
> her to pick up some knowledge right by her chair, but I was thinking
> (always a dangerous occupation): Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone
> very talented could hack a bookcase, make it look like a crafting
> bag, where granny could pick up some knitting or crocheting? The
> animation wouldn't be that different (the page turns would be her
> turning the knitting around. That way, she could get some knowledge
> points as she worked through her masterpiece. Creativity would be
> nice, but I'm not sure how that would be handled.
> Just an idea for a wish...

I would think it could be extracted after Nightlife comes out, since Mrs.
Crumplebottom is returning! :)

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:25:36 AM

fmomoon wrote:
> My granny Sim has a lovely porch, where she can sit in the evenings and
> watch the world go by. Right now, I have a small bookcase for her to pick
> up some knowledge right by her chair, but I was thinking (always a dangerous
> occupation): Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone very talented could hack a
> bookcase, make it look like a crafting bag, where granny could pick up some
> knitting or crocheting? The animation wouldn't be that different (the page
> turns would be her turning the knitting around. That way, she could get
> some knowledge points as she worked through her masterpiece. Creativity
> would be nice, but I'm not sure how that would be handled.
>
> Just an idea for a wish...

Good idea! :)
August 17, 2005 12:53:58 PM

Why don't you post this as a request at Mod the Sims 2?

Best wishes
maxon

"fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o vCdnY1mdu-nLZ_eRVn-rA@comcast.com...
> My granny Sim has a lovely porch, where she can sit in the evenings and
> watch the world go by. Right now, I have a small bookcase for her to pick
> up some knowledge right by her chair, but I was thinking (always a
dangerous
> occupation): Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone very talented could hack
> bookcase, make it look like a crafting bag, where granny could pick up
some
> knitting or crocheting? The animation wouldn't be that different (the
page
> turns would be her turning the knitting around. That way, she could get
> some knowledge points as she worked through her masterpiece. Creativity
> would be nice, but I'm not sure how that would be handled.
>
> Just an idea for a wish...
> --
> Moni

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:02:26 PM

> Why don't you post this as a request at Mod the Sims 2?
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Do you have to be a member? What is the web address?
--
Moni

> "fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o vCdnY1mdu-nLZ_eRVn-rA@comcast.com...
>> My granny Sim has a lovely porch, where she can sit in the evenings and
>> watch the world go by. Right now, I have a small bookcase for her to
>> pick
>> up some knowledge right by her chair, but I was thinking (always a
> dangerous
>> occupation): Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone very talented could
>> hack
>> bookcase, make it look like a crafting bag, where granny could pick up
> some
>> knitting or crocheting? The animation wouldn't be that different (the
> page
>> turns would be her turning the knitting around. That way, she could get
>> some knowledge points as she worked through her masterpiece. Creativity
>> would be nice, but I'm not sure how that would be handled.
>>
>> Just an idea for a wish...
>> --
>> Moni

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:29:04 PM

You have to register on the site - it's a big site with lots of newsboards.
You need to register and then find the right forum (It'll be under Modding
Requests I think):

http://forums.modthesims2.com/index.php?

> > Why don't you post this as a request at Mod the Sims 2?
> >
> > Best wishes
> > maxon
>
> Do you have to be a member? What is the web address?
> --
> Moni

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 12:53:13 PM

> Why don't you post this as a request at Mod the Sims 2?

Not to be Captain Obvious here, but how about requesting it from Maxis
itself for a future expansion pack?

There's not much for retired people to do as hobbies.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:25:57 AM

Homer J. Simpson wrote:
>> Why don't you post this as a request at Mod the Sims 2?
>
> Not to be Captain Obvious here, but how about requesting it from Maxis
> itself for a future expansion pack?
>
> There's not much for retired people to do as hobbies.

I would think the odds of actually seeing it in the game are way better from
the modding community than Maxis.

Gareeth
!