Sign in with
Your question

Need help with compatibility

Last response: in Motherboards
August 24, 2010 1:31:49 AM

I received a case that I want to use for gaming.
The problem is, I don't see a cable that will go from the case to the motherboard.

The case originally had a Pentium3 in it, but I have a set up for an Athlon II X4.

The adapter says [Sleep|PWR ON] and has 16 pins (2 rows of 8).

My current motherboard is a Violet6, not sure what the name of the old one is.

Is there any way I can transfer my Violet6 into the Pentium3 case?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

More about : compatibility

August 24, 2010 10:57:20 AM

Still need help with this problem
m
l
August 24, 2010 12:13:39 PM

The power supply might be outdated and not have the right connectors so you might have to change it. They have changed the power supply requirements after P4 gen systems as more modern systems require more and cleaner power. You should still be able to use the case as long as your motherboard fits in it.
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2010 12:02:21 AM

I don't mean the power supply, I have a 600 watt gaming one to put inside of it.

The case has a cord connected to the power button, which must be inserted into the motherboard.
My motherboard doesn't have the specific place to put the power cord, but there are spots where it will fit. (just not looking to fry my motherboard)
m
l
August 25, 2010 7:46:40 AM

jaguarmatt said:
I don't mean the power supply, I have a 600 watt gaming one to put inside of it.

The case has a cord connected to the power button, which must be inserted into the motherboard.
My motherboard doesn't have the specific place to put the power cord, but there are spots where it will fit. (just not looking to fry my motherboard)

What model is the case and the motherboard?

If for some reason this case was built for pre-made computers for propriety use on a certain motherboard they might have bundled all the wires together for ease of installation. Normally the power button only needs 2 wires which only job is to close the circuit when depressed.
m
l
!