Can I play games on quadro FX 3400/4400

lmanlo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hello, I just got this from a friend. I was looking for a graphics card but then he gave me this one. I was wanting a gaming graphics card but I've heard that this one is not for gaming and won't give that performance. I am planning on getting Grand Theft Auto IV and want to know if this card will be able to play it.

If not what to you suggest that is a playable card wasn't thinking on spending less than $100.
Also if the Quadro Fx 3400/4400 is not able to play Grand Theft Auto IV then where can I sell the card.

Thank You.

Solution
You are right in that those Quadro cards are not for gaming and as for whether it can run GTA4, it may or may not. if it dose then its performance/FPS will cirtainly not be up to par with an equivilant gaming version of the card. if you already have the card you could try it, but dont expect much.

the best/popular place to sell it would be ebay, maybe only expect to sell at around 1/4th of buying new.

what screen resolution do you play at? what are the components of your computer? how many watts is your power supply?

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
You are right in that those Quadro cards are not for gaming and as for whether it can run GTA4, it may or may not. if it dose then its performance/FPS will cirtainly not be up to par with an equivilant gaming version of the card. if you already have the card you could try it, but dont expect much.

the best/popular place to sell it would be ebay, maybe only expect to sell at around 1/4th of buying new.

what screen resolution do you play at? what are the components of your computer? how many watts is your power supply?

Solution

lmanlo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010

My computer is barely new. Has a AMD Athlon II X3 2.7GHZ processor. 2GB of memory but going to add 4GB in one of this 2 weeks. A Biostar Motherboard. The Quadro FX 3400/4400 Graphics Card. 450W power supply. Screen resolution is 1440x900.
Running Windows 7 64 Bit.

nikomak

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I do gaming on my Dell workstation equipped with a quadro fx 3400\4400. The answer is in the software. Quadro software is tweaked for AutoCad. Since the GPU is the same as the comparable GeForce 6000 series ,I installed Forceware ver. 180 and it added the files missing from the Quad setup. If your game will operate adequately on a GeForce 6600 GTX, then it will work.

players88

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

Hey nick i have the same dell workstation and would like more details on what nvida driver i should download and install? You said you added missing files? huh? So when i goto the nvida site which card do i pic to download?? *email removed for spam protection*

RJ

playesr88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

Hey nick i have the same dell workstation and would like more details on what nvida driver i should download and install? You said you added missing files? huh? So when i goto the nvida site which card do i pic to download?? Please email me players88@hotmail.com

RJ