Is this ok for overclocking?

rajman

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hi everyone, Im thinking of overclocking my AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3ghz...but can someone advice me if what Im planning to do is right? At the moment it only has the stock cooler, so would a Corsair CWCH60 Water Cooler be suitable for this? and would it fit in this case that I have (Galaxy 3)
GALAXY3N.jpg

I want to OC it to 4.0ghz (more if possible with the cooler I stated above) and my specs are as follows:
- My motherboard is an ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 Rev X.0x
- I've just upgraded to an OCZ ZS Series 750W 80+ Bronze PSU
- Upgraded my GPU to an EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti PCI-E Graphics Card - 2 GB
- and I have 8GB Kingston RAM

Im not very experienced with this kind of stuff, and I'm learning as I go along. I've read the OC tutorials, and still Im stuck on what I should be doing :( So I'd be grateful if anyone can offer me a little bit of advice about the cooling and what exactly I must do to OC the CPU with the stats I listed above :) Thanks

rajman

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

Thanks for the reply' I've read that its a good budget cooler...but will it last if I do overclock my CPU to 4.0ghz and play some high end games? or is it worth spending another £25 and getting the Corsair H60?

rajman

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

Ahhh I see, well thats great new then. I will look into getting that instead. So woth this and my specs I listed above, is it safe to OC my CPU without the need for anything else? e.g. better case? thanks

rajman

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
I've just seen some videos of the Hyper 212 EVO on Youtube, and its quite big...will it definetely fit in the Galaxy 3 case that I have?
If it will then I will buy it asap, hope someone can confirm, thanks