Configure my audio device and install

darkmanmd

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Dear Mr. Kumara,

If I asked you Were I to ask you to fix your TV do you think it would be sorta important to let me know what Make and Model you had.http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/non.gif Or if I asked yo to pick up my dog, should i tell you what the dog looked like or maybe where to find the mut?

Dude, I don't mind helping you to fix you problem but you might make life a bit easier on me and the rest of the nice people here (dis-including me of course)

Please............

1.) Tell us the make and model of your computer and the service tag number if you have a Dell. You'll find it on the bottom of a laptop or one the side of the tower if you have a desktop.

2.) What kind of speaker set up do you have? Internal or external.

3.) if external do you have them plugged in? and if you have them plugged in , do you accidentally have the male lead from the speaker plugged into the microphone line in (hole-port-whatever) instead of the speaker line in? You'll laugh but I've gotten in a hurry and done it plenty of times.

4.) Do yo have the D/C power cord plugged in if the speakers are external.

4.5 Do you have the speakers turned on and the volume turned up?

5,) Okay since you checked all that you are physically right as rain and assuming that the speakers worked before you reinstalled XP you'll be needing a driver to tell the computer that it has a sound card or chip inside.

6) Once you let us know the make and model your computer we'll find you the latest model driver no prob.

7.) However, before you come back and force me to type this all again. Right click on the "My Computer" Icon. Then left click "manage" then left click "device manager" take a look at anything with an "!" exclamation point of a question "?" mark. They be screaming yellow so they're hard to miss. when you see one screaming yellow, if there is a plus (+) next to the item right click to select the item and left click properties. Write down what you can read for anything marked in yellow. Yellow means things are not quite right. When we see what's screwed up, we can probably tell you how to fix it.

8. Write that all down then come back to this thread and type it all in and I'll bet you a 3 wood that we can find you 2 or 3drivers that will work just fine.

Cya later,

- darkman® -

TRENDING THREADS