Sound is too Quiet

takk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Since switching to win7 from win xp and a few linux distros, my sound is terrible too low. Everything is set to max, and even a few tweaks, but still it's too quite specially with movies. And if there is any background noise in my house, I can't heard anything. The Razer Megalodon, the headphones use to be so loud in the other OSs, as I would never have to set the volume higher then half on the sound box. The only thing that is OK is in-game sounds of some games, depending on the game I have to set it to terrible low or the headphones will blow my ears off, but everything except is extremely low, movies, music, browsers sound, voice chat, etc etc.

Click Here for Full size
25x4d.jpg

[I heard setting the Loudness Equalization to short helps. I have tried it in the middle, or even set to long.]

win7 64bit
razer megalodon
USB powered
sound box [external controller box]
http://www2.razerzone.com/Megalodon/

illusio12

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hi takk, have you installed the latest motherboard drivers for your on-board sound controller when you installed Windows 7? Or, are you using the default drivers that windows installed when you setup?

Goto your motherboard manufacturer and install ALL the motherboard drivers, the one's Windows 7 installs are ONLY to get the system up and running and DO NOT include all functionality and optimization that the motherboard manufacturers drivers will give you.

The low sound may be due to this, try this and let us know how you get on.

Good luck :)

takk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
This headset is an actually usb setup with it's own soundbox. Would the motherboard drivers even fix the issue or help at all? Sorry for the late reply, I have been super busy. :S

takk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
What was edited? I don't remember, I change the usb port of the headset and it has improved the sound quality and loudness, I think. But still the problem hasn't been fixed. Any input from anything?

takk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
I have done that firmware update a while ago didn't do anything for me. Actually, a while ago this headset wouldn't get power in win7 64bit at all, but only that os gave me issues.

pianoman23

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I've had a problem that sounds similar to yours. The fix for me was to go to Control Panel>Change System Sounds then navigate to the "Communications" tab and check of "Do nothing" for the action when Windows detects communication activity.

Hope this helps.

lecterz0r

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I have the solution for you... A bit late btw...

Go to Control Panel... Type System Sound and click on "Adjust System Volume" a window will apper then , now click on the bar and go to the last sound config "Adobe Flash Player" put it to the top... :) My english is terrible i hope that u can understand.

Sindre Skjelbostad

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

Thanks for this, just bought the headsett and this was the fix to me.. well..not quite but lead me to the ajust system volume, where i played around and made it worked. Altso "deactivate all inprovements" helps.