Sign in with
Your question

HDD not showing in bios

Last response: in Motherboards
August 24, 2010 3:21:14 PM

Hello i got sort of a issue with my new setup.

I installed the components and everything seems to work except one HDD is not showing up in my bios.

It is a Samsung hd103sj 1 TB SataII drive and it doesnt even seem to start running. To check if the hdd died i plugged it into another PC and it runs/shows in bios no problem. There are three other hdd's that show up in the new setup without issue's( 250 and 2x 500gb). I unplugged those and had the 1TB drive connect but that didnt do the trick.

My configuration is the following:

AMD X6
Asrock 890FX Deluxe 3
4gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX460
4x S-ata drives
Antec True Power TP-750 PSU

Could it be that the board needs a bios update ? I find that kinda strange for a normal 1tb but who knows ?

And what is the best way to update a asrock bios? I asumme it's the flash utility within the ami bios itself that asrock uses.

More about : hdd showing bios

a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2010 4:23:22 AM

Hello. Have you tried the HDD in a different SATA port and with a Different SATA cord?
m
l
a c 135 V Motherboard
August 25, 2010 10:39:49 AM

Well BIOS update is worth a try,so update it(you can update it with the flash utility), also like the_punkinator said,try the HDD in a different port or use a different cable.
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2010 12:42:56 PM

Have you tried disconnecting all the other drives and connect just that new one?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2010 1:29:25 PM

^ Have you heard of reading? "I unplugged those and had the 1TB drive connect but that didnt do the trick. "
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2010 2:01:23 PM

Keep just the HDD with the OS and add the new HDD in the SATA ports next to it until it sees it. Try all of the ports if necessary.
m
l
August 25, 2010 3:03:28 PM

Wolygon said:
^ Have you heard of reading? "I unplugged those and had the 1TB drive connect but that didnt do the trick. "

I admit that I did not see that part of the post but you don't have to be rude like that. We're all humans and make mistakes. This is a place where we come to seek answers and hardly a place to contest other people's inteligence.
m
l
!