Lost Drive and Files and cannot recover.

Hakkenica

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hi, im using 3 external hhd s on my pc and some other usb devices. Few days ago when i double clicked on WD MyBook, a message screen appeared saying need to be formatting. That problem has occured once before and solved with rewriting MBR by using testdisk_version6. And i tried it again but it didnt work. The letter of drive has changed and it still needs to be formatting and also it is not appear on my computer drive list only showing disk management screen with unollacated label. Then i tried lots of recovery softwares including active@, r-studio, recover my files, kernel, icare etc. All of these programs cannot find even one file. It should be full of files..i need help, thank you. (sorry for poor grammar)

Hakkenica

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Yes, i ve tried all of the possible usb connection combinations with all of other usb devices and plugged it alone, nothing happened. and also i didnt find free or trial version of Spinrite. and i tried some other software to find a trace of a file, absolutely no sign of a file exists in it, very spooky. So its all gone. and im afraid of my other 4Tb HDDs, if it happens again this will be a catastrophic situation. I want take measurements so any suggestions? Thank you.