Sign in with
Your question

Overclock i7 930

Last response: in Overclocking
September 17, 2012 4:16:41 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering is overclocking i7's similar to the core2duo series? I remember in core2duo there were multiple things to mess around with beside the bclk (not counting the voltages, I got a pretty good grip on that part). I have read around and it seems like in i7 series you only have to mess around with the bclk is this true or there are other things like QPI need to be changed to match the bclk settings, because I remember something like that was needed to be done with the core2duo series.

More about : overclock 930

a c 130 å Intel
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 4:38:52 AM

Unless you have an Extreme series cpu that has the unlocked multiplier then you have to resort to overclocking using the BCLK and there isn't much else you can do except add voltage when needed. his is one of the stickys that's at the top of the forums page and it may help shed some light on what your talking about.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259903-29-overclockin...
m
l
September 17, 2012 4:42:50 AM

Well, it says i7 LGA 1156, I got LGA 1366 and on top of that I was wondering beside the BCLK, what about QPI, Uncore, and what about the ratio between QPI and uncore or i think it was ratio between QPI and ram. Or I don't even have to worry about the QPI, uncore and ratio between qpi and uncore, and just crank up the bclk.
m
l
Related resources
September 17, 2012 4:57:15 AM

Thanks, I'll look into that one I have overclocked i7 920 using asus rampage II before but that was long time ago so I just need to refresh my memory.
m
l
!