Power issues

foamy11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Hello fellow comunity peoples.
I'v got a issue with my computer,it's only about a year old and it's just turning off automaticaly,no "windows is shutting down" it just turns off.It also had BSOD then after the BSOD it had a black screen with a logo on it saying down the very bottom saying (CPU Temperture) or something.But windows reported it to be graphics card related,so i checked all my drivers and bios.

It was running for about 2 hours today,then it did it again,so i decieded to boot up again an 3 seconds into the boot it shut-off,no beeps or nothing.

(Specs)
AMD 3.0 Phenom II CPU
ASUS M4N78-AM Motherboard
G-Skill 2x2(4G) Memmory
Thermal Take Tru_Blue 750watt Power Supply Unit
Gigabyte SilentCell 9800GT 1G Graphics Card
Western Digital 500G Hard Disk Drive

Well sounds like a temperature problem and if you get a CPU Temperature just before shutdown, than I'd look into how your CPU HSF is mounted on the CPU.

Also check the cooling situation in the case.
Do you have an intake/exhaust fan?? Are they working well??
You could put an external fan that blows onto the CPU/GPU and see if that changes anything. If it does, for the better, than you know that you have a cooling issue w/CPU, GPU, chipset, RAM or something like that.

foamy11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

I have 6 CoolerMaster Silent Blue LED 120mm fans total,4 intake 2 exhaust,their working fine.The CPU is mounted correctly.
My case has a fan placement behind the cpu/mainboard,i just haven't got it installed,cuase it didn't come with the case.The case is a CoolerMaster CM 690 with window.
Would a new heatsink help at all,cuase the one i have on there is stock ?