Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stress Testing question.

Last response: in Overclocking
September 17, 2012 5:37:53 AM

I am trying to Overclock my EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores and using the Heaven stress test to test it...How do I know when my Card can't take it anymore...The last test I ended the temperature of my GPU was almost at 80 degrees Celsius, I was just curious as to when I should stop increases core clock.

Thanks.
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 6:03:43 AM

Guess I'll help here too, lol.

Try Furmark or MSI Kombstor. Those are the real GPU stress tests. If your card can survive those, you're good. Heaven doesn't push my 560 quite as hard as Furmark or Kombuster because I can have a totally stable OC with Heaven, but Furmark or Kombuster will make it crash and burn, if it's not truly stable.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 6:04:08 AM

If you OC too much you get artifacts or your system will crash.

m
l
Related resources
September 17, 2012 6:41:48 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Guess I'll help here too, lol.

Try Furmark or MSI Kombstor. Those are the real GPU stress tests. If your card can survive those, you're good. Heaven doesn't push my 560 quite as hard as Furmark or Kombuster because I can have a totally stable OC with Heaven, but Furmark or Kombuster will make it crash and burn, if it's not truly stable.

lol, Thanks for all your help tonight, so I don't have to worry about the temps my GPU gets to, as long as it doesn't crash? Also, when it crashes what exactly will happen? I have never had it happen so I just want to know what to look for.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 6:46:28 AM

roaddoc326 said:
lol, Thanks for all your help tonight, so I don't have to worry about the temps my GPU gets to, as long as it doesn't crash?

Well, I wouldn't say that, lol. Temps are still important, and you should definitely watch them, but those two programs that I mentioned will bring your card to its knees, which is why they're good for stability testing.

As far as what will happen if you have an unstable OC, anything from artifacting, on the low end, to an outright system freeze/crash on the extreme end.

I've seen it all, from artifacting, to driver crashes, to full blown system crashes.
m
l
September 17, 2012 6:48:47 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Well, I wouldn't say that, lol. Temps are still important, and you should definitely watch them, but those two programs that I mentioned will bring your card to its knees, which is why they're good for stability testing.

As far as what will happen if you have an unstable OC, anything from artifacting, on the low end, to an outright system freeze/crash on the extreme end.

I've seen it all, from artifacting, to driver crashes, to full blown system crashes.

hmmm...ok, and one final question out of you, what would you say is a safe temp to be at after i run the stress test?

Thanks again for all your help.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 6:53:03 AM

roaddoc326 said:
hmmm...ok, and one final question out of you, what would you say is a safe temp to be at after i run the stress test?

Thanks again for all your help.

97C is the max for a 560 Ti 448, but I'd say 80-85-ish about as high as you should let it go. I've never had my card above 73C, even with max volts, though, but I attribute that to the DC II cooler on the Asus 560 OC doing such a good job.

Edit: And you're welcome. :) 
September 30, 2012 7:48:05 PM

Best answer selected by roaddoc326.
m
l
!