Unkown Virus

drumlegend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Ok guys, i don't know if this is the right place to post this but I am having a nightmare with my pc. A few weeks back something weird happened to my pc where it would show my network status as no connected, my sounds stopped working, youtube videos would play at aroudn 1fps and I am not able to remove any programmes. I can click remove programmes from the control panel but nothing would happen. System Restore has been disabled as well. I re formatted my pc to get rid but it's come back. I recently installed tunngle on my pc and it started after that, I removed it but I am still have major issues.

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Did you do a proper format or a quick format? Sometime ago, I got a virus on my Windows XP machine, so I quick formatted the HDD and installed the operating system, only to get the same virus again. Turns out that I should of properly formatting HDD.

Have you tried to go into safe mode and typing "msconfig" in run and stopping it from starting up during startup? I've installed Tunngle before and never had a problem.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Could be that you set the network order wrong, if you have Tungle set as number 1 on the list webpages will try and load through that connection before your actual connection. You can change the order by going to Network and sharing center > Change adapter settings > Press the alt key > When menu appears click advanced settings > Under connections make sure your local area connection is first on the priority list before tungle. The highest priority is the highest on the list by the way.

Otherwise uninstall tungle, its a POS bloated piece of software that I would highly recommend never to use. Use Hamachi instead, works loads better and its way easier to setup than that POS software. Believe me ive used both for quite a while and I love Hamachi way more.