Best Graphics Card for my pc

Dareaper6

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Ok i have a agp adapter and a pci adapter and i know that pci usually will pown. but i am wanting to know what kind of graphics card i should get. here are my system specs:

AMD ATHON XP 2600+
2.08 GHz. 1 GB Ram
PCI and AGP Slots
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 AGP8X
Windows XP 32-bit

anything else just ask.

i plan on upgrading my motherboard too. including processor... any help with that?

btw im a gamer type... play as many games as i can so keep that in mind... thanks

There actually were some boards with both AGP and PCI-E so his could be one of them. If so it will help a bit as you can get a cheaper HD4650 than the one above or an HD4670 for slightly less as well. Anything more powerful is pointless considering the rest of your system.
Another gig of ram would be a good idea.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

+1

Dareaper6

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
it was a typo i put it the wrong way around. but my comp has pci and agp. sorry for confusion... and any help on a new processor and motherboard. i like the phenom II but wow pricey lol

What is your budget? An Athlon II x4 for $100 is the best for the money right now and should be several times faster than your current processor. A decent motherboard for it will be $60-100.
You will need new ram as well. 4 gigs of DDR3 1600 can be had for $94 although if you can't afford that just get 2 gigs for now and add more later.

r-guy

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Anyone have a recommendation for a MB ABIT AB9 PRO P965 775 with an E6300? It has PCIe 16x but its only PCIe v1. Will I get much benefit from a Radeon HD5850?

Dareaper6

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

well what im looking for is more of a new processor slot because i have a socket a and im not sure what i should upgrade to. and where would i get something like this... links are lovely lol