Estimate of the minimum reqs for a PSU for the GF100?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Im sure this time I will have to purchase a new PSU when I end up getting the new Gf100. I wonder if they will name the gf160 or gf180 or whatever but what would your guesses be?

My current 550W Coolmaster real SLI which is 80plus can actually hold up a single 5850 with a decent system so this is a positive for Ati's RVseries.... their low power makes their products appealing, however Im not so sure Nvidia's next gen cards will take in anything less than a 600w 80plus or even more....

the real problem is nvidia themselves still don't reveal about that though many people saying that the card will be a power hungry one. though i want to say that your PSU will be fine but i can't really say it because the real thing is not even present in front of us

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
this is interesting as people will have to buy newer and more powerful PSU's even if they have 750's that might not be enough to SLI these supposed BEASTS. I am sure Nvidia will release the details during some random press release... it should help with their marketing should ppl prepare and save in order to work these GPUs

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Well im taking your word for it.... at least I have an extra 50watts.... haha.

It would be good to know however as I would not want to buy another PSU if I am just going to upgrade my GPU from the 5850. Once this GF100 card comes out, out goes the ATi card as I am defenitly not happy with its physics preformance. I am basically saying this on all the threads I can possibly post because its the truth and these reviews forget to compare the actual preformance other than FPS on games...... basically PhysX by Nvidia is superior than anything Ati has at the moment....

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

I heard SLI setups of GF100 come with a special approved case, so I guess they will ship with a special approved PSU also

/troll

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Yes in fact there were pictures of an Nvidia case by Antec during the CES slideshow TOms had posted in ther CES newsbriefs. The caption stated that that particular case was meant for "fermi" SLI. The GF100 will defenitly be a costly and HUGE beast when in SLI or Tri-SLI.