what is "burnout", did you mean "Brownout", or did the PSU just Die and you could smell a burn order.
In either case, if you have a "burnt oder, time for a new PSU. The question is did the PSU die, or did a problem with the MB/GPU/HHD/DVD Drive cause the PSU to go into an Overcurrent condition and fail. This is hard for the average person to tell.
(1) If you (or a friend) have a spare PSU, then try it.
(2) If not then get a "good" PSU and start from there.
(3) Should provide your system info
At Min need:
- Current PSU, And in your case replacement PSU
Would be nice:
- Nr HDDs, DVD Drives, and memory info