Acer Aspire notebook corrupted bios

bk201

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Hi, I tried to update the bios and at last part of updating i got 3 erros and my system crashed. :fou:
I tried reboot the system but now my notebook doesn’t even start.
I know I downloaded the right bios, I close all programs as usual. Is it possible to fix the bios of this one? like asus mobo etc. :(

Acer Aspire 5741
Windows 7 Home P.
Bios 1.12 to 1.13.

bk201

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Ok, thanks fetal.

Edit:

I read alot things about recovering the BIOS by doing something like this:

1. first download the attached zip file and unzip it. (a file called ICL50HW.fd, I think that is the bios)
2. burn the extracted disc image to disc using nero.
3. place the newly burned cd into your laptop cd drive tray
4. remove the battery and power cord.
5. press and hold FN and ESC keep pressed and insert power cord and then press the power on button
6. your notebook should power up but without any display.
7. you should see the cd/dvd drive activity light blinking as it reads from the recovery disc.
8. if all is well your laptop should power itself down after about 2 minutes
9. once it has powered down remove the power cord and wait about five minutes.
10. finally insert your battery and power cord and power up your laptop in the normal way.

They do this on models Acer Aspire 5100,5315,5715, etc.
Anybody know how to do it?
When we hold FN + ESC and connect the battery it goes into service mode or something. Most of then are able to fix the bios, but I dont know if the files are the same.
Anyone know something about this?

josexanki

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I speak spanish sorry.

IN SPANISH:

1. Formatea un pendrive en modo FAT o FAT32.

2. Descarga cualquier version de BIOS.

3. Descomprime el contenido de la carpeta DOS que se encuentra dentro del archivo .ZIP que descargaste en la raiz del pendrive.

4. Renombra el archivo NEW70XXX.fd a NEW70X64.fd

5. Ahora enchufa en un puerto USB el pendrive, sin bateria y sin estar enchufado a la corriente.

6. Presionas y manten pulsado FN + ESC, conectas el portatil a la corriente electrica, presionas el boton de Power sin dejar de presionar (FN + ESC), esperas un momento y sueltas (FN + ESC).

IN ENGLISH TRANSLATED:

traducción del español al inglés

1. Pendrive format a FAT or FAT32 mode.

2. Download any version of BIOS for aspire 5741

3. Unzip the contents of the folder DOS, which is within. Zip file you downloaded in the root of the pendrive.

4. Rename the file NEW70XXX.fd to NEW70X64.fd

5. Now plug in a USB pendrive, without battery and without being plugged into the mains.

6. Press and hold FN + ESC, connect the laptop to a power source, press the Power button while pressing (FN + ESC), wait for a moment and loose (FN + ESC).

ESPERAS 2 MINUTOS Y TU ACER ASPIRE 5741 VUELVE A VIVIR.

(you must wait two minutes and your acer aspire 5741 back to life.)

Hope that helps.

bk201

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks josexanki
But that trick doesn`t work here. :(
I already tried 3 different pendrive and all usb ports.

ese truco no funcionó aquí
Ya he intentado tres diferentes unidad USB y todos los puertos usb.

Jonathan Perez

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
hola tengo un Acer aspire v5-471, el problema fue que entre al bios atravez de windows 8 reiniciando en modo UEFI y en la bios desactive esa opcion y desde entonces no me arranca del disco SSD donde esta el windows 8, se me ocurrio reinstalar la BIOS con el comando FN+ESC pero el detalle es que los archivos que me salen en el bios son: BIOS.CAP , CMD.EXE, Launch.bat, TdkLib.sys, Tdklib64.sys, Update.bat y Winflash32.exe y winflash64.exe no se que archivo renombar, el archivo que Dice Bios.cap pesa 13.8MB le cambie la extencion a .FD pero no sucede nada

figlioecantero

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014

hi i dont find the attachement and understand the burn process:
where is the file to put in to cd-rom? where is the burning process with nero? cd-rom udf? cd-rom udf-iso? bootable cd.rom? where is the burining option? br