Fresh install on SSD RAID 0???

mwr1203

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I want to do this right so here is my question. I am installing a new motherboard. My current set up is 3 OCZ Vertex in RAID 0. I want to do a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 exactly the same on the new motherboard. What do I need to do to the array? Just delete it and re-add? Should I use diskpart and clean each disk first? There are so many ways to go about this I just want the most reliable solution. Please be as detailed as possible and thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

mwr1203

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Now once I create the new RAID0 array with the 3 SSD's should I create the partition in diskpart with the offset at 1024 like I have read elsewhere? That is what I ve been doing...

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Once you wipe the drives then do whatever you'd normally do to create a RAID0 on the new motherboard and then partition the drive with the Windows 7 installer.

I don't know what motherboard you're using but if it supports RAID then your manual will tell you how to create a RAID0. That will make Windows 7 see the RAID0 as a single volume and when you go to install Windows 7 you create a new partition on that volume and install.

I don't know what diskpart is, but a quick google search makes it seem like an old command line utility that you really don't need.