RAM ANd Moniter Problems

sbinney

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
So today I bought 2gb of Kinston Valueram ddr3 (http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=MEMKVR3002). I already havee a 2gb stick so bought another identical one.

Whenever i put the new stick in slot Dimm_B1 the moniter does not pick up a signal but the computer runs. (with the orignal in DIMM_A1). So i put the second stick in Dimm_A2. The computer mointer works fine but its only single channel. Should i put both in DIMM A2 and B2?

Does anyone have any idea on what i can do??

Thnaks

Specs:
ASUS M4A77TD Pro
Sapphire 5770
Athlon x4 620
Moniter AOC 2236Vw

Solution
If you have the correct placement and you don't get a display, then chances are its a mobo problem. But before you send in for an RMA, check the ASUS website to see if there is a BIOS update. Otherwise, call up ASUS tech support and tell them you can't boot properly when using dual channel.

sbinney

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
ok thanks. Im looking at the manual now. So i have them in slots A1 and A2. I presume i need them to be in A1 and B1 to be in dual channel. But whenever i put them in A1 and B1 my moniter doesnt recieve a signal?

sbinney

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
so i looked at it again and if i put the ram into slots A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 the moniter does not get a signal, however if i put the ram in B1 and B2 or A1 and A2 the moniter gets a signal?

If you have the correct placement and you don't get a display, then chances are its a mobo problem. But before you send in for an RMA, check the ASUS website to see if there is a BIOS update. Otherwise, call up ASUS tech support and tell them you can't boot properly when using dual channel.

Solution