Closed Solved

Laptop HD Question

Removed My Desktop Hard drive Since I only have x1 sata cables atm Put in my Laptop Hard drive it loads like it wants to start up then it Flashes to a blue screen then Reboots.... This has Windows vista 32 bit on the drive any way I can Reformat the drive with out the CD Then still be able to use it as Storage when I build my new pc?

I lost the back to my laptop with has the product key to Windows vista so I can't Re install Vista on it |!__!|!?!?!? Hope there is a Quick fixed for this with out having too Reinstall the CD
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop question
  1. Best answer
    joec_10 said:
    Removed My Desktop Hard drive Since I only have x1 sata cables atm Put in my Laptop Hard drive it loads like it wants to start up then it Flashes to a blue screen then Reboots....

The BSOD happens because your laptop HDD is configured with the drivers for your laptop hardware, which are too different from those on your desktop for Vista to run.

This has Windows vista 32 bit on the drive any way I can Reformat the drive with out the CD Then still be able to use it as Storage when I build my new pc?

Yes, you should be able to use it in your new desktop for storage.

I lost the back to my laptop with has the product key to Windows vista so I can't Re install Vista on it |!__!|!?!?!? Hope there is a Quick fixed for this with out having too Reinstall the CD

There isn't, you will need a valid product key to install and activate Vista

See above
  2. I fixed it I install Windows 7 it activated now lets hope its ready when I build my new Tower in two weeks
  3. Good work, glad you got it working.
  4. Treefrog07 BEST ANSWER

Thanks mate Wish me luck on the build :D
  5. Best answer selected by joec_10.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Laptops Windows Vista Storage