Just installed a new hard drive but it's not being recognized. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfirAwesome

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
So for the past month or so since I built this computer I've been using this SSD to store everything until I could get a mechanical hard drive. I just picked up a Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM HDD and installed it. After booting the computer, I went into the BIOS to see if it was in the boot priority. It wasn't. However, when I went into Advanced Options->Boot, It was there. When I restarted the computer, the hard drive wasn't recognized! For those who may need it, Here's the motherboard I use.

Note: I plugged in the SATA Power 3.0 cable that came with my motherboard into this drive, should I have used a 2.0 SATA power cable?

Solution
The power cables are the same, when you say that it is not recognized on restart did you mean windows? If so go into control panel/administrative tools/computer management/storage/disk management allocate the drive and assign it a drive letter.
The power cables are the same, when you say that it is not recognized on restart did you mean windows? If so go into control panel/administrative tools/computer management/storage/disk management allocate the drive and assign it a drive letter.

Solution

AfirAwesome

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Aha! That fixed it. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.