HMMMMM need positive replies....

G

If i want to replace my motherboard can i still use my old Cpu the intel Pentium D? Or do i have to replace the Cpu. I also need a good Cpu cooler too.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
That depends on the motherboard, if the chipset says X58 or H55 or P55 it won't work as they all won't use LGA 775. For the cooler get a zalman that fits for LGA 775. By the way any latest Core 2 will leave the Pentium D in the dust, why don't you add that to your budget?

If I had to replace my motherboard, it would be a great time to bite the bullet and toss out the old Pentium D and get something newer, uses less power, runs cooler, and will be like 3 times faster than that old tired hot running power sucking Pentium D.
Really. You would be a lot happier.

G

okay ummm now i need a good cpu cooler instead of intel's stock cooler for the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Processor BX80580Q9505 - 2.83GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad-Core, Retail, Socket 775, Processor

I am positive you can find a new/used motherboard to replace the one you have and still be able to use your existing processor if you wish.

I am also positive it would be well worth your money to replace the processor anyways.

TRENDING THREADS