Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Question about switching external cases

  • Hard Drives
  • Western Digital
  • Cases
  • External Hard Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 23, 2012 1:45:38 AM

So I have an old Western Digital 320gb external hard drive that has a faultly case port and I can no longer connect it to my computer with my usb to mini usb cord (at least that's what I think the port is). So I was wondering is it possible to just buy a new external enclosure and take the hard drive out of the old case and into the new without any problems?

More about : question switching external cases

a c 415 G Storage
January 23, 2012 4:59:31 AM

Absolutely. Pretty much any SATA-compatible external enclosure should work just fine.