Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Kn 9 Sli

Last response: in CPUs
April 1, 2010 4:41:17 AM

Hello...

Does motherboard of Abit kn9 sli runs the processor AMD socket AM2+ ?

That processor was AMD Phenom 64 X4 9950 ...

p/s : sorry for the bad English... :D 

More about : sli

Best solution

a c 123 à CPUs
a b À AMD
April 1, 2010 4:51:38 AM

Here is a list of all the CPUs that your mobo supports:

http://www.abit.com.tw/cpu-support-list/mb/nv_nforce570...

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_... AM2&pMODEL_NAME=KN9 SLI

That is a link to your mobos page. It looks like the best you can get is a Athlon FX62 (not worth it) or a Athlon X2 6400+ (pretty good).

Unfortunatley it looks like your mobo does not support any of the Phenom X4/X3/X2, Athlon II X4/X3/X2 or of that class CPUs.
April 1, 2010 5:10:34 AM

Mm... are u serious.... ? Waaaa........ (crying)

Mm... Obviously Amd does not redesigned it for their New processors on AM2 mobo socket... Why..??

How pity i am.... ;-(

Whatever.. thank you, jimmysmitty...
Related resources
a c 123 à CPUs
a b À AMD
April 1, 2010 5:16:01 AM

Its not specifically AMD, although they never gurantee a newer CPU will work with a older socket/mobo/chipset. AM2 has the ability to support a Phenom based CPU, Abit just decided not to update their BIOS to support it.

Sorry man.
April 1, 2010 5:25:28 AM

Mm... nevermind...

Mm... Do u know, why does it decided like that ? It is for marketing strategy ?
a c 123 à CPUs
a b À AMD
April 1, 2010 5:28:22 AM

Probably marketing. Both AMD and Abit need to keep selling to make money. If Abit allowed every AM2 mobo to support the newest CPUs, they wouldn't get as many sales and would lose money.

Its all the way marketing works.
April 1, 2010 5:38:42 AM

Mm.. ok... Jimmy..
By the way, thank you for the Informations..
I'm really appreciate it..
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
April 1, 2010 7:15:58 AM

jimmysmitty said:
Probably marketing. Both AMD and Abit need to keep selling to make money. If Abit allowed every AM2 mobo to support the newest CPUs, they wouldn't get as many sales and would lose money.

Its all the way marketing works.

I thought Abit went under a while back and as such there have been no updates or new motherboards for almost two years now.
a b à CPUs
April 1, 2010 5:28:04 PM

^ Pretty much as mousemonkey said. They did update a few of their boards to support the first Phenoms. Since your board should technically support Phenom CPUs, you could possibly hack the BIOS to ad such support yourself. Of course, that requires you to delve into the world of BIOS hacking, where doing something wrong will land you with a dead board.
April 13, 2010 11:48:33 PM

Best answer selected by vivil.
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 1:47:46 AM

Mousemonkey said:
I thought Abit went under a while back and as such there have been no updates or new motherboards for almost two years now.

They did :( 
!