RE-install Networking Connections Service

techman1581

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Don't ask me how but I somehow managed to unistall my Networking Connections service from my machine and I was wondering if anyone knew how I can re-install it back on?

-Tyvm

ktownmike

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Try control panel add remove programs then choose add remove windows components. You ma also want to check control panel administrative tools services and make sure network connections is running and set to start automatically.

teklund

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
techman1581 can you look at a few other items for me?
If you go to the Start button then Run and type in MSCONFIG then press enter, can you save any changes?
Can you open Windows Firewall from the control panel?
Go to Start | Run and type in DCOMCNFG. Try to open Console Root | Component services | Computer. Does DCOMCNFG crash when clicking on computer?

I have a laptop that is experiencing all of these issues. My coworker thinks it is a virus, but I have not found anything with any of the scans that I have run. Other services that I am missing are COM+ Event System, DNS Client and Network Connections.

I am running some scans right now and will post the results tomorrow.

dam151

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
teklund:
My laptop just came down with these same symptoms which originally just presented as no networking w/ Network Connections empty! and both ethernet and wireless non-operational in task manager. Tried reinstalling drivers etc. Top it off System Restore is not available: SR is not able to protect your computer. Please restart..."
After reading this post, I tried what you listed and all failed as described.
Firewall: "Due to an unidentifiable problem, windows cannot display W Firewall settings"
COM+: tried to start service "Could not start the service on Local Computer. ...did not return an error. ...Could be internal Windows error or service error."

You were going to follow up back in Sept but I don't see anything - help? how did you resolve this? Reinstall? That's what I'm starting to think I will have to do!

Rav Restricted

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
I have exacly the same problem, is there any fix on it? It happen to me on server edition.. I just cant get it work now!! Restoring backup (image) is ok till restart of the system. It looks like one of the svhost.exe is not running..