Downloads Folder Missing

I do not have the Downloads folder under my Sims 2 Folder or the Sims 2
University .... If I just insert a new folder named downloads will it work
the same? Do I put it under the Sims 2 Folder or the University Folder?
6 answers Last reply
More about downloads folder missing

    You put it in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

    You probably can't see it because you're looking in the wrong place - it
    isn't kept in the game folders but in My Documents. If there isn't one
    there, you can make one or simply get Bodyshop to create one for you by
    making a sim and saving it.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > You put it in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
    >
    > You probably can't see it because you're looking in the wrong place -
    > it
    > isn't kept in the game folders but in My Documents. If there isn't
    > one
    > there, you can make one or simply get Bodyshop to create one for you
    > by
    > making a sim and saving it.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    I went to Sims 2 website, downloaded some of their objects and the
    download folder was made for me.

    deene

    eek - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that!

    "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

    > I went to Sims 2 website, downloaded some of their objects and the
    > download folder was made for me.
    >
    > deene

    Sorry - you mean the Maxis-created objects. I wouldn't recommend using the
    Maxis installer programme to install anything from the main site though the
    objects are usually ok. Lots and Sims files are really problematic and can
    cause a lot of problems unless you know what you are doing and can
    circumvent the danger areas. I just wouldn't recommend that as a method to
    someone who is unsure of what they are doing.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > > eek - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that!
    > >
    > LOL well, I like some of their stuff. I like the computer, Christmas
    > tree, snowman, a few other things. :) I don't care for the Halloween
    > objects.
    >
    > deene

    I'm sorry too for not making myself clear! Oh I agree, I don't mess with
    stuff on that exchange. I don't download anything from the site within
    the game either.

    deene

    > Sorry - you mean the Maxis-created objects. I wouldn't recommend
    > using the
    > Maxis installer programme to install anything from the main site
    > though the
    > objects are usually ok. Lots and Sims files are really problematic
    > and can
    > cause a lot of problems unless you know what you are doing and can
    > circumvent the danger areas. I just wouldn't recommend that as a
    > method to
    > someone who is unsure of what they are doing.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > eek - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that!
    >> >
    >> LOL well, I like some of their stuff. I like the computer, Christmas
    >> tree, snowman, a few other things. :) I don't care for the Halloween
    >> objects.
    >>
    >> deene

    I don't think you were unclear - it was probably me.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > I'm sorry too for not making myself clear! Oh I agree, I don't mess with
    > stuff on that exchange. I don't download anything from the site within
    > the game either.
    >
    > deene

Sims Games Video Games