toshiba shuts down unexpectedly

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 2, 2004 12:47:20 AM

Hi,

I have a Toshiba satellite 2100 cdt that shuts down without and
message or warning after abort an hour and a half in use. I does this
when plugged with the power cord. anyone else with the model Toshiba
or similar model have this problem. And if you did did you find a
solution. Thanks

Joe

Please remove the spam busting $ in my
e mail address to reply via e mail..Thanks
a b D Laptop
August 3, 2004 4:38:11 PM

Joe <jjadus$@charter.net> wrote in news:p 7erg0lut037tleg9ak7753uq0dsru9jk9@
4ax.com:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Toshiba satellite 2100 cdt that shuts down without and
> message or warning after abort an hour and a half in use. I does this
> when plugged with the power cord. anyone else with the model Toshiba
> or similar model have this problem. And if you did did you find a
> solution. Thanks

sounds like a heat related problem initially - is it very hot? do you have
a cpu/motherboard temperature utility you can use? see if the temperatures
are increasing and increasing and increasing over that hour and a half...
!