GCN (7770) Acceptable voltages?

Solution
I wish I could tell you that it is but at this point it's an inknown so if we look on the positive side the video card didn't expode or melt down inside your computer so it's a good thing so far and it seems to be working fine. The one thing that is an unknown at this point is will that voltage shorten the life of the gpu over the life of it. That is the one thing that voltage does that you can't see or know about untill it happens. So in the meantime look around for some info on voltage limits for your video card so you can know what to expect or do.
I don't know but if I were ocerclocking I would take it one notch at a time if and when needed to be sure that if it didn't work I could still boot and change it back if it didn't auto reset when it failed. Nobody seems to want to publish any info like that so we could know when to stop.

kracker

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Yeah, without changing the voltage, I got up to about ~1060, above that furmark started crashing and/or bsod. :bounce: Is there a over-voltage protection, and if so, how high is it?

So the 1060 mhz in't enough? You stated that you got up to 1060 mhz without changing the voltage so if that's the case then you should be able to add a notch of voltage to see if that would make the next highest speed, that you said crashes furmark, stable. I would be very careful with adding voltage since there isn't much info on the voltage limit.

kracker

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I pushed and pulled, the voltage now is now at 1.200V from 1.125V, core is at 1170, memory is at 1250, stable, temps are mid to high ~60 on full load, I probably won't be pushing much more :) .. is 1.200V ok?

I wish I could tell you that it is but at this point it's an inknown so if we look on the positive side the video card didn't expode or melt down inside your computer so it's a good thing so far and it seems to be working fine. The one thing that is an unknown at this point is will that voltage shorten the life of the gpu over the life of it. That is the one thing that voltage does that you can't see or know about untill it happens. So in the meantime look around for some info on voltage limits for your video card so you can know what to expect or do.

Solution

kracker

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Ok, thanks for your help, will do :)

TRENDING THREADS