X58A-UD3R compatible with ddr3 1600mhz?

G

Hey I bought a pc about 1 month ago but have been having issues with memory It has been blue screening with the error "Memory Management" on me ever since i pumped the ram frequency to its default 1600mhz since motherboard default sets it to 1033 mhz.

CPU: Intel I7 930 2.8Ghz
Motherboard:Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Memory: Corsair XMS3 Twin3X DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 3x2GB

Is this motherboard compatible with 1600mhz cause it can support up-to 2000mhz and down to 800mhz.

Help would be greatly appriceated and i dont want to be wrecking brand new hardware.

Ps, could it be a virus if it is compatible?

G

Thanks for the quick response, The PC is running through Memtest as this is posted. It automatically started so i don't know whether its testing them individually or as a whole.

After i put the ram back to 1600mhz back from 1066 the latencies automatically changed to use the sticker latency.

What is this going to tell me once its finished does it tell me whether its compatible or not?

The board is perfectly compatible.. Check in the motherboard catalogue and/or in the board manufacturers website for info related to the tested memory modules for your motherboard.. Also check if the memory modules are running at correct voltage ratings..

G

Everything is running at the right frequency and latency.

Its just that the website i saw showed it was compatible but then if u look one neweggs its say:

Memory
Number of Memory Slots 6×240pin
Memory Standard DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800
Maximum Memory Supported 24GB
Channel Supported Triple Channel

It goes from 1333 to 2200 thats what sparked me questioning compatibility.