Dual monitors off a 785g (HD 4200)?

Hey I'm making a budget home office computer using the ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM motherboard. It runs a 785g (HD 4200) onboard display with 1xVGA, 1xDVI, and 1xHDMI outs. I'm looking to run 2 LCD monitors off the DVI and HDMI ports simultaneously. I'm under the assumption there will be no issues, but I dont want any stupid surprises. Has anybody had experience seeing this work/not work? Performance is not an issue, internet and document trafficking is all this machine will do, basic office stuff. Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about dual monitors 785g 4200
  1. the hd 4200 can support 2 monitors.

"Within the AMD 785G are two independent display controllers, one digital (DVI/DP/HDMI) and one analog for displays. Depending on the manufacturers board-level implementation, the 785G will easily support dual monitors (one analog and one digital). "
    taken form:
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2445
  2. Thanks for the reply, but as mentioned before I'll be using both digital outs (HDMI and DVI), not the analog VGA, and I was wondering if there would be issues with this or if the chipset can cope with it.
  3. Best case scenario is that you hook up your HDMI to HDMI and DVI to DVI, worst is that the DVI might have to hook up to the VGA.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics