Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitors off a 785g (HD 4200)?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2010 6:04:35 PM

Hey I'm making a budget home office computer using the ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM motherboard. It runs a 785g (HD 4200) onboard display with 1xVGA, 1xDVI, and 1xHDMI outs. I'm looking to run 2 LCD monitors off the DVI and HDMI ports simultaneously. I'm under the assumption there will be no issues, but I dont want any stupid surprises. Has anybody had experience seeing this work/not work? Performance is not an issue, internet and document trafficking is all this machine will do, basic office stuff. Thanks in advance.
January 19, 2010 6:28:58 PM

the hd 4200 can support 2 monitors.

"Within the AMD 785G are two independent display controllers, one digital (DVI/DP/HDMI) and one analog for displays. Depending on the manufacturers board-level implementation, the 785G will easily support dual monitors (one analog and one digital). "
taken form:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2445
January 19, 2010 8:23:51 PM

Thanks for the reply, but as mentioned before I'll be using both digital outs (HDMI and DVI), not the analog VGA, and I was wondering if there would be issues with this or if the chipset can cope with it.
January 19, 2010 8:34:06 PM

Best case scenario is that you hook up your HDMI to HDMI and DVI to DVI, worst is that the DVI might have to hook up to the VGA.
!