XP User Files and Program Files

I have 2 hard disks in my XP Pro machine. I want to put all of my
non-operating system files on the primary partition of my second drive (D:).
My operating system is installed to the primary partition of my primary drive
(assigned C:) and I have created and manually installed programs to the D:
drive. Windows seems to bloat the files on the C: drive, and eventually I
outgrow the 3GB I have left there for the operating system files.

Please tell me how to force the system to store only operating system
essential files on the C: drive, and to move everything else (user files,
program files, etc...) to the D: drive. I would like NOT to have a Program
Files directory on the C: drive at all. (Ideally, I would like there to be
nothing but the Windows directory on that drive.

I have been pulling my hair out for months now trying to get this to work.
I have purchase numerous books and dug through them searching for an answer
to no avail. I now throw myself and my problem upon the wisdom of this
newsgroup with full faith that someone will be able to provide me with the
answers I need.

Thank you in advance for your help. It is truly appreciated!

You can move user files to another partition along with moving my documents
etc.,for info go to search at microsoft,type:303079 and read:307889