I want to build a computer system for photo/video editing purpose.
I will use Nikon CaptureNX2 and photoshop CS for photo editing.
I will do a lot of decoding and encoding on 1080i/1080p videos.
Many internet surfing.
No game play.
Many of the configuration here is for gaming which could not help me much.
Can anyone suggest me a configuration to maximize the performance of photo/video editing?
1. I plan to buy 2 SSD with RAID 0 configuration for the system drive. So the motherboard should support RAID0.
2. I will add 4 more hard drives (I already have) into the system. So the computer case should have 6 3.5" drive bays.
3. Can I get any advantage from i7-920 CPU?
4. Can I get any advantage from tri-channcel DDR3 memory?
5. I just got help from ATI forum that HD4670 is a good enough graphic card for my work, so the PSU only need support HD4670.