Thermaltake Waterpro Extreme 2.0-fit in a Cosmos 2 case?

The CM Cosmos 2 case is a huge full tower case and you can fit anything you want in there and I would however recomend the Corsair H-100 over the Thermaltake. The Corsair H-100 is a better cooler and the case will fit either one so seeing how it's your case it's also going to be your choice as to which one to get. I will say that the Thermaltake did get good feedback on Newegg but the Corsair has almost 700 feedbacks so a lot more people have bought the Corsair. I guess it's going to be a tough decision for you.

Scorpionking20

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Well, my concern is that the thicker Thermaltake won't fit. The Cosmos 2 doesn't have a lot of room for internal rads, such as a push/pull configuration with a thick rad. So I'm hoping somebody knows if the Thermaltake would fit due to this (it's a thicker rad than the H100).

To the poster above, I've considered a custom loop, and would love to do it, but with the inherint dangers (leaks from a newb) and the maintenance (annual cleaning) I have decided to wait on that idea for some time.

If I were to get into real loops, I would go with an XSPC triple rad setup (thin rad). However, I'm just not to that point yet...I would want savings to buy parts in case anything breaks and ruins my stuff. That's why I'm not going wc at this point, though my heart longs for it!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Leaks happen when you cut corners, don't do your homework and decide not to inspect and leak test your loop. If you are lazy, a custom loop probably isn't for you.

You don't have to tear down a loop yearly. If you run plain distilled and just enough biocide or antimicrobial to kill any critters, there's nothing that should be causing you to break down and clean anything. The tear down and loop cleaning is more a suggestion for most people, not a law. We have to take into account that a lot of people still want to use dyes or coolants and these can potentially leave stuff that can gunk your gear.

Plain water is plain water.

The CM Cosmos 11 is a huge full tower case and has an enoumos amount of room inside , I have the CM HAF-X which is very similay to the Cosmos and I mounted an Alphacool "Monsta " 240MM rad in the top of the case with two 38mm thick fans , the rad is 80mm thick and it fits. There were some modifications but it did fit.
If you put the Thermaltake rad (38mm) and push/pull fans (50mm) it should fit. That's a total of 88mm (3 1/2"). A regular fan is 120mmx120mmx25mm and the Thermaltake radiator is 38.3mm so you just add it up 25mm+25mm+38.3mm=88.3mm (3 1/2 inches)

Scorpionking20

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Does the Cooler Master Cosmos 2 have 88mm of space for fans/38mm rad?

Scorpionking20

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

I do in fact have the case...tried to measure for both rads, and I think the Extreme 2.0 won't fit, whereas the H100 just MIGHT fit, if I'm lucky. There should be another inch or inch and a half above the motherboard in this case!