XP Pro directory configuration

I have 2 hard disks in my XP Pro machine. I want to put all of my
non-operating system files on the primary partition of my second drive (D:).
My operating system is installed to the primary partition of my primary drive
(assigned C:) and I have created and manually installed programs to the D:
drive. Windows seems to bloat the files on the C: drive, and eventually I
outgrow the 3GB I have left there for the operating system files.

Please tell me how to force the system to store only operating system
essential files on the C: drive, and to move everything else (user files,
program files, etc...) to the D: drive. I would like NOT to have a Program
Files directory on the C: drive at all. (Ideally, I would like there to be
nothing but the Windows directory on that drive.

I have been pulling my hair out for months now trying to get this to work.
I have purchase numerous books and dug through them searching for an answer
to no avail. I now throw myself and my problem upon the wisdom of this
newsgroup with full faith that someone will be able to provide me with the
answers I need.

Thank you in advance for your help. It is truly appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about directory configuration

    I have Windows xp Proffesional on my computer and wish to change it to
    WindowsXP Home edition.....How can I do this?
    I am basically computer illiterate...so please helpme!

    helpless

    "Corbin Matthews" wrote:

    > I have 2 hard disks in my XP Pro machine. I want to put all of my
    > non-operating system files on the primary partition of my second drive (D:).
    > My operating system is installed to the primary partition of my primary drive
    > (assigned C:) and I have created and manually installed programs to the D:
    > drive. Windows seems to bloat the files on the C: drive, and eventually I
    > outgrow the 3GB I have left there for the operating system files.
    >
    > Please tell me how to force the system to store only operating system
    > essential files on the C: drive, and to move everything else (user files,
    > program files, etc...) to the D: drive. I would like NOT to have a Program
    > Files directory on the C: drive at all. (Ideally, I would like there to be
    > nothing but the Windows directory on that drive.
    >
    > I have been pulling my hair out for months now trying to get this to work.
    > I have purchase numerous books and dug through them searching for an answer
    > to no avail. I now throw myself and my problem upon the wisdom of this
    > newsgroup with full faith that someone will be able to provide me with the
    > answers I need.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help. It is truly appreciated!

Configuration Windows XP