Toshiba satellite hard disk replacement

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 2, 2004 10:31:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Hi... Is it possible to replace the hard disk (20Gb) in toshiba satellite
1900 with another one from another vendor? I think that the classic toshiba
2.5'' HD MK**18GAP is quite old and slow (4200 rpm) and I would like to put
another brand which is cheaper and faster... Any recomendations (if this is
possible)
Thanks in advance
August 2, 2004 10:31:06 PM

"Nikos Kourkoumelis" <nkourkou@hotpop.com> wrote in comp.laptops:

> Hi... Is it possible to replace the hard disk (20Gb) in toshiba
> satellite 1900 with another one from another vendor? I think that the
> classic toshiba 2.5'' HD MK**18GAP is quite old and slow (4200 rpm)
> and I would like to put another brand which is cheaper and faster...
> Any recomendations (if this is possible)
> Thanks in advance

I have replaced a defunct 6Gb in my Satellite 1730 without any problem.
The new one is just a standard 2,5" HDcame right off the shelf. By now I
forgot what brand I put in.

Remember however that if you put in a faster HD it will become a. more
noisy and b. become hotter, triggering the case to become hotter, and the
internal fan become more moisy. (and maybe making you lapdancing instead
of laptopping every now and them. :)

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."
August 2, 2004 11:23:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I just bought a Toshiba MK4026GAX for my laptop it is 5400 rm and 16Mb
buffer. I am installing Win 2000 Pro on it. Hopefully, the two combined
will operate faster without much heat.
I paid $99.99 at Fry's off the shelf.

!