When will 32nm Quad-cores will come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisravi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
So far, intel has released dual cores and six-core CPUs based on 32nm manufacturing. I was wondering when will they release a quad core? Because if it happens, it will have far better overclocking than 45nm parts at reduced power consumption and will be the perfect gaming CPU.

Solution

Apologies on behalf of Tom's for the behaviour of the various children amusing themselves at the expense of others.

To answer your question, 32nm Quads are scheduled to be released Q1 2011.

:pfff:

No you didn't give an answer, you gave a question to his question.

And the way you type out the question, it sounds rude to me.

jennyh

Splendid
You have to understand questions a bit better. If all he wanted to know what when 32nm quads would be released, he'd have said 'yo when are 32nm quads being released'.

Instead he stretched his brain a bit and figured out that this would be a good thing. That was my cue to bring him back to the harsh reality of a cpu world dominated by intel corporation. You don't like it? Sue me.

:pfff:

I understand the question clearly. Thus, i gave him the answer.

You on the other hand have not given him the answer. All i see you doing putting stuff thats not needed.

What i see is this, It like if your are asking "when bulldozer coming out" (because you wanted to know) but some one say, "And since when did AMD give you what you wanted?" would that answer your question? Heck no. it doesn't tell you squat about when bulldozer coming.

All i see from you is major AMD fan person that doesn't like intel 1 bit and will bash atm the name is mentioned. Well guess what? Some people like intel, some like AMD, and most just dont really care what it as long as it does what it needs to do.

All i ask people do just respect the other side. If you like AMD thats just fine by me, if you like intel thats fine by me, bashing the other side because you view the other side as bad/evil is not fine when there nothing to really bash about. (now saying something like "which is better, Amd or intel", i can see people bashing for many reasons.)

So, how about not over thinking things and just answer just the way it need to be.

Thats ok. it does happen.

[:jaydeejohn:4] nice one.

jennyh

Splendid
Ok let me rephrase it then.

There are no 32nm quads for you yet, because you are stupid and intel knows it. They know they have you over a barrel, they mock you by making dual cores and sexacores just to show you that there would be no problem making quads.

They know you will stick by them, even though all of their 32nm chips are being made into clarkdales to sell to the Chinese and Indian markets at maximum profit.

They know you will wait another year then buy whatever they offer at inflated prices just before Bulldozer and Llano arrives to demolish it.

So with that in mind, why would they sell you a 32nm quad now? Intel knows you are stupid, that's why they farm you for your cash and you buy it every time.

Chad Boga

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Jenny, because you are an AMD camp follower, you have forgotten that businesses are in the business of making profits, thus despite your inane blather over what great value AMD offer with their Phenom range of products, people aren't buying into your fantasy in great enough numbers for Intel to have to respond.

Intel's lack of 32nm quads is a direct reflection of how poorly the market views AMD's offerings right now.

And to further highlight how out to lunch you are, are you criticising AMD/ATI for "ripping off consumers"(using your values here) with their pricing of their video cards?

They introduced the 5830 at a higher price and lower performance than what the 4890 was capable of delivering a few months ago, so ATI cancel the 4890 so consumers have less choice and get gouged by ATI.

If you want to complain about one, complain about the other, or just shut your ignorant pie hole and stop being such a ludicrous hypocrite.

jennyh

Splendid
People who complain about no 32nm quads are the hypocrites. People like you who just accept it are frankly, whacked in the head.

Intel doing 'just enough' is the result of mass idiocy of tech buyers. Buying intel at 5% faster and 50% more expensive is so $%@! stupid, but millions do it anyway.

THAT is why intel treats you like the stupid fools you are. You've proven it over and over that you will pay for a name - quite often buying a slower cpu because it's intel instead of AMD.

You deserve everything you get - or don't get - from this company. As intel strives to make more an more profits at your expense they will pull more an more garbage like this on you, and you DESERVE it.

Chad Boga

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

What inane gibberish.

No one is forced to buy Intel and if they didn't have value, people would buy AMD instead.

If you think AMD aren't selling what they should be, perhaps then it is a sign that your perception of what AMD offers is faulty.

xaira

Distinguished
intel will only release 32nm quads if amd can release a 3.0ghz Phenom II at 65watts, there is no real persuasive reason for them to do it presently, since most high end buyers are still cumfy with their q9xxx cpus, it would be a great product,

but there just isnt enough behindthe idea to compell them, im sure somewhere in an intel lab, there is a 32nm quad good enough to release, its just that they own the +$200 market right now, they are a complete monopoly in the +$200 market, Why innovate if uve already won.

Anyway back to the OP, it looks like they wont even release any until sandy bridge Q1 2011 so, no 65w quads that oc to 5.0ghz on air for you. BUT IT WOULD BE HELLA COOL.

jenny, jenny, jenny. It is that time of month for you or did you forget to take your meds? :pfff:

Your going nuts over someone just asking when the 32nm quads will be around. How about you take a step back away from toms for a week to calm down to think more clearly again.

Seriously, the guy wasn't acting/say thing like Intel king of the world or intel 100,000,000,000,000,000x better than AMD. He didn't ask for your views, my views, or anyone elses views about AMD and/or intel. All he was doing asking for some info and nothing more.

So as i stated before, respect the other people decision of what they have/views. You know, some may not care for the cpu inside there computer. others may care for only 1 company/product as they had 1 or more bad experiences with a different company/product. In this case, i should be really an Intel fanboy after multiple issues with 2 Amd Athlon Xp systems in the past, although im not because of the fact that:

1. they got rid of those issues
2. i know that not everyone has the same views as me.
3. being a fan person is pointless. Overtime option change to something depending on what events happen.
4. it just goes against my nature of helping other people to be a fan of one thing. (i blame boy scouts for that :lol:)

So stop bashing just because intel mentioned. You and fanboys of what ever there a fan of, really dont get much of anywere just by bashing.

Apologies on behalf of Tom's for the behaviour of the various children amusing themselves at the expense of others.

To answer your question, 32nm Quads are scheduled to be released Q1 2011.

Solution

Rorick

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
So Jennyh, you're saying that those who do their research and still buy an Intel processor are fools? That's a bit of an oxymoron if you'd ask me. If I find better value in an Intel rather than an AMD, why shouldn't I buy it? Just because it's a larger name doesn't mean it's worse, nor does it mean it's better. If I've done my research and I find that it's better to go with an Intel CPU rather than an AMD, I will.

If I were shopping for name security, why shouldn't I go after an Intel? It's highly well know, and what I normally hear about them is good. If something happens, and you can prove it's the fault of the manufacturer, you have a solid address in which to contact them.

Now, take AMD. Few outside the tech world know of their existence. Compared to Intel, they are a small manufacturer. If I've never heard of them, why should I buy from them? For all I know, they could be a shady Chinese company in the market of making CPUs that fail within a few months of purchasing it. Had they been a shady Chinese company, I wouldn't likely have a legit address in which to contact them. That happens, you're up *** creek without a paddle.

I respect AMD as a good CPU manufacturer, but if you've never heard of them, you aren't likely to buy one of their products. Intel spreads its name around, this is why they sell better than AMD.

If AMD were to start advertising like Intel, you'd see the price skyrocket on their products. Don't tell me it won't, it can and it will. How else would they cover the cost of the advertisements with out raising the cost of their goods? There only ways to do that would be to cut funding to their R&D department, not likely to happen, or cut the wages of employees, which would tarnish their image and send many employees packing. The salary of their employees would stay the same, the cost of manufacturing would stay the same, the cost of R&D would stay the same. Where would the money come from if not selling higher priced products?

Status
Not open for further replies.