Monitor Issue

crpeters82

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question that i am trying to figure out. My monitor is losing power randomly. Sometimes it stays on for hours sometimes it loses power every couple of minutes. It loses power not just goes into standby so that means power light goes off right away. But the odd part is that i dont have to push the power button to turn it back on. Sometimes it turns on by itself and all i have to do is touch the case and it comes right back on. I am thinking this is a easy fix.

Any idea's?

crpeters82

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I should also state that i had to replace the video card. I am also wondering if the video card damaged the monitor or the monitor damaged the video card or if they are just a question. The video card that was in there was only about 4 months old and it was a radeon HD 3870. Can a monitor even damage a video card?

crpeters82

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah i agree very weird...Right now no i don't have another monitor i will be getting one this weekend though. Another note the monitor will do this even when it is unplugged from the computer. So if the monitor is stand alone it will still have the same issues. The only thing i am really concerned with is that the monitor could damage the new video card. This is a Mac Pro so video cards are not cheap for this thing at all. Do you think this is a possibility?

crpeters82

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah that is what i am going to do, i set the RMA up today just gotta wait to send it out till i borrow a monitor this weekend (This is my only machine).

Yeah i was just worried that i was going to screw this one up.

Thanks for your reply's i really appreciate it!