Sign in with
Your question

DVI - No Signal during game

Last response: in CPUs
April 2, 2010 5:43:10 AM

Ok, so I'm lost here. My PC used to randomly shut down or lock up. I was told it could be a hard drive issue or a bad PSU. So I bought a Corsair 650W PSU and a new HDD. Now, I'm gaming, and I lost signal to my monitor after my game completely froze...this happened right before my old PSU blew out and ruined my computer. And it's happening again...what's going on?

More about : dvi signal game

a c 131 à CPUs
April 2, 2010 6:16:04 AM

khubani said:
my old PSU blew out and ruined my computer.

There's your answer.
m
l
April 2, 2010 4:40:22 PM

enzo matrix said:
There's your answer.

No. When I say it ruined my PC, it ruined it enough where it couldn't work without a new PSU and HDD. Any other suggestions?
m
l
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
April 2, 2010 5:02:56 PM

Ah I understand now.
When your PSU "blew out" it is possible that it damaged something, such as the motherboard.
To check the ram run memtest 86 for a few hours. Just to rule out the ram.
To check the motherboard at the same time as ruling out the graphics card as the problem, remove the card and boot using the integrated then try to get it to lock up, shut down, or lose signal.
m
l
April 2, 2010 5:04:56 PM

I don't think my motherboard has an integrated, I custom built this PC. I ran memtest before the crash, tests came back fine. I'll post back in an hour with a repeat test.
m
l
April 2, 2010 6:14:13 PM

Memtest reported no errors, all passes. Still having the issue. Hasn't done it since the first time.
m
l
a c 131 à CPUs
April 3, 2010 12:52:49 AM

If you don't have integrated, see if you can get or borrow another video card to try.
m
l
!