Sign in with
Your question

Dell 3007WFP (not the -HC model)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2010 6:07:59 PM

Hey all, I need some help. I'm doing some research myself, but I thought I'd ask on here.

I have a friend who is offering to sell his Dell 3007WFP, as he's getting a more up-to-date monitor. This thing came out 4 years ago, and as of 3 years ago, was selling for about $1350. The successor, the 3007WFP-HC and the 3008WFP are both selling for around that now.

What do you think is a fair price, assuming he is not my friend, assuming he's just some random guy.

I was thinking of offering somewhere between $400 and $600, as it's used, but it very good condition. I can't imagine paying much more than that for 4 year old technology, ya know?

What do you guys think? Is this in the right forum, btw?

More about : dell 3007wfp model

a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2010 8:29:46 PM

I think you'd get more responses in the monitor section.

Used 2560x1600 monitors are still pretty expensive. Lowest one I've seen is $700ish, but I'm no expert.

It is still a great monitor. The only thing I'd worry about is the reliability of a monitor that old. You don't want it breaking anytime soon.
m
l
January 21, 2010 1:32:17 AM

Dougx1317 said:
I think you'd get more responses in the monitor section.

Used 2560x1600 monitors are still pretty expensive. Lowest one I've seen is $700ish, but I'm no expert.

It is still a great monitor. The only thing I'd worry about is the reliability of a monitor that old. You don't want it breaking anytime soon.

Oops, sorry, didn't see the Monitor section. As for the price, do you really think that's a good price, considering the fact that it's used and older? I was hoping for under $500, but maybe I'll offer $500 and negotiate from there...

It sounds like my initial thoughts were a bit low.

Thanks!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2010 2:04:07 AM

I honestly don't know. The only advice I can give is to look on ebay to see what they sell for. Try "completed listings". Don't take my estimate too seriously.
m
l
!