Gaming PC 400GBP

pumparen

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Friends and foes, I stand before you now, hat in hand - seeking your aid. I had a dream about a life in which I would see the world, philander with sensual beauties from the far corners of the world and get rich. Well.. none of that happened, so I decided to settle for plan B. A gaming rig!

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week

BUDGET RANGE: 700-850 USD

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, surfing, random work (e.g word)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: monitor, keyboad, mouse, OS, DVD player

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Scratching this one because it's in swedish, if you have a suggestion just give me a link to newegg or something and I'll find it there.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Sweden

PARTS PREFERENCES: I've put together a build which I would like some feedback on although I decided to get a corsair 450w VX 80+ PSU instead of the one in the picture:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5968/intel2.png

OVERCLOCKING: No
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: If I ever decide to overclock, can I do that with this PSU provided I buy another CPU cooler?

pumparen

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Oh and I also don't need a hard drive, have an old 120gb i thought i'd put in as long as that doesn't bring the rest of the stuff down - feel free to comment on that.

oh and one pro with build nr 2 is the possibility of CF, although i might have to go up to 550w to make that work.

szbxa

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
if u got enough money, get a better psu for the first build, i don't read that language but make sure there's a pci-e 6 pin connector on the psu u choose.

and a old 120gb drive will definately bring everything down. hard drive directly decide the speed of ur pc. you may not get a big hold back at gaming and some other stuff but most of the time you will me feeling that ur computer is just frigging slow. if u don't have enough money, get the second build, cut down the MB cost and get a better drive, u may also pick a cheaper batch of ram.

and, i saw that franktff what what clock thing, is that overclocking? if you don't want to spend money on a decent aftm cpu cooler, better cancel that, or pc go:"BANG". that simple.

pumparen

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
going with a slightly improved AMD build, turns out the i3 isn't at all appropriate for gaming. Thank for your help though zxsba!