Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hi people

i am using window 7 ultimate
mobo: asrock pro3 gen 3
intel i5 2500
8 gb ram
500 gb western digital

i know that usb 3.0 port is compatible but my usb 2.0 thumbdrive cannot connect to it. any solution?

RealBeast

Titan
Does anything else work on the usb 3 connector: Did you install your USB 3 driver after your Windows 7 installation completed? You can check by looking in the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers and you should see specific usb 3 controllers.

If yes to the above, try the other controller (on the back of the motherboard), as the case controller may be incorrectly attached or malfunctioning.

ugi338

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

hi real beast

i did try connecting to the usb port at the back case but to no avail, it only say the driver fail to start in the device manager screen , i even try connecting it with my mouse . there power to the mouse but it cannot be use. I have also try updating the driver .

ugi338

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
hi people

this is the latest update. thanks for your help. i think i i had spoilt my case's usb 3.0 port. because after i try updating by uninstalling the driver and installing it again, i manage to get the usb 3.0 port at the back casing ( is it call the mother board i/o ?) to work but the one at the front of the casing remain unable to work. so i think i should sent it for warranty.

anyway just to check, will i able to enjoy the usb 3.0 speed by connecting a usb 2.0 thumbdrive to a usb 3.0 port?

RealBeast

Titan

No. You must have a usb 3 device to gt usb 3 speed. It is backward compatible, so usb 2 will work, but at usb 2 speed.

Check the cable from your motherboard to the front usb 3 panel, sounds like it is not properly connected.