Your question

Need help on MotherBoard

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 27, 2010 12:28:28 PM

Hello,

I am planning to get a mother board mainly for Games. My question is what kind of motherboard i should choose? Means a very high configuration Mobo with no graphic card attached or simple motherboard with less price and having PCIE connectors.

More about : motherboard

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
a c 302 V Motherboard
August 27, 2010 2:51:49 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Do u already have the other components? CPU and RAM an maybe GPU
2- What budget do u have?
m
l
November 18, 2010 5:49:57 AM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Do u already have the other components? CPU and RAM an maybe GPU
2- What budget do u have?

Hi Saint19. Thanks for the reply. I am from India and I dont have any of the components. Budget for Computer is around 10 Thousand Rs. This does not include GPU.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2010 6:12:18 AM

Is that for the whole computer or just the motherboard? Please mention in details.
m
l
November 18, 2010 6:43:08 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
Is that for the whole computer or just the motherboard? Please mention in details.

HI hell_storm2004

Thanks. It is just for mother board and ram.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2010 6:45:46 AM

I think it would be best you decide on your processor first and then we can decide on the RAM and motherboard. Because that is the obvious starting point for all builds! AMD or Intel then comes which platform, then we can think about the motherboard.
m
l
November 18, 2010 6:52:50 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
I think it would be best you decide on your processor first and then we can decide on the RAM and motherboard. Because that is the obvious starting point for all builds! AMD or Intel then comes which platform, then we can think about the motherboard.

I would like to have Core 2 Duo as it also has sse3 capability. Ram should be 2 GB or More.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2010 7:02:46 AM

Very sorry to tell you that Core 2 Duo is dead. No point getting a new PC now and buying something that is outdated long time ago!
m
l
November 18, 2010 7:13:07 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
Very sorry to tell you that Core 2 Duo is dead. No point getting a new PC now and buying something that is outdated long time ago!

So which one do you suggest I should go for.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2010 7:17:56 AM

If you are buying now then i would suggest a i5 760. A healthy rig would cost you something like 50,000 - 60,000 INR in total. But that means taking into consideration you need everything.

Else you can wait for the new Sandy Bridge to be released in Jan or Feb. Think they would hit India by March at the most.
m
l
!