Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which is better i5 2500k or Amd any budget cpu for Gaming???

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
September 21, 2012 5:22:05 PM

Now i m using amd phenom ii x6 1055t,
i want to upgrade my cpu,
i had oc adm 1055t 3.92ghz with throatling issue but stable but oc is very complicating thing,
so, please suggest me good quality cpu for gaming ,
i want performance in games in my budget of 14k in indian rupees...
So, Please reply fast.....
a c 218 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
a c 104 À AMD
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 21, 2012 6:51:25 PM

The i5-2500k will be your best option for gaming but you have to change the motherboard and ram along with the cpu so it can become expensive if you not prepared for it. You can also overclock the 2500k a lot and raise the performance level up for gaming.
m
0
l
September 21, 2012 7:13:04 PM

inzone said:
The i5-2500k will be your best option for gaming but you have to change the motherboard and ram along with the cpu so it can become expensive if you not prepared for it. You can also overclock the 2500k a lot and raise the performance level up for gaming.

Can u choose which advice should i go?
that
go for new good oc mobo OR good cpu like i5 with stock mobo...
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 218 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
a c 104 À AMD
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 21, 2012 9:53:32 PM

I would get the i5-2500k and with a regular motherboard you can still overclock it, a high quality motherboard isn't going to give you much more overclocking options and they are just giveing you more features like more sata ports or usb port or high quality built in sound or high quality lan chips. The high end cpu is the first choice to have.
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 7:13:50 AM

inzone said:
I would get the i5-2500k and with a regular motherboard you can still overclock it, a high quality motherboard isn't going to give you much more overclocking options and they are just giveing you more features like more sata ports or usb port or high quality built in sound or high quality lan chips. The high end cpu is the first choice to have.

thanx man! for reply...
if i buy a new best oc mobo and oc my amd 1055t at upto 4.0ghz, will it give me more performace than intel i5 2500k in stock 3.3ghz??
m
0
l

Best solution

September 22, 2012 10:07:27 AM

mandeep148 said:
thanx man! for reply...
if i buy a new best oc mobo and oc my amd 1055t at upto 4.0ghz, will it give me more performace than intel i5 2500k in stock 3.3ghz??



lol not even close. Sadly, intel will leave the amd chip in the dust even if the amd chip would oc to 5.0.
I wish there to be a more competative amd in the market, but there isnt.
Share
September 22, 2012 12:31:41 PM

Best answer selected by mandeep148.
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 2:08:59 PM

Are you sure that you need 200$ processor? It's often better to go cheaper processor+better video card .
You can go for FX-4170 +OC which will give more then enough for almost any video card
Or even some lower bufget one like phenom 965
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 2:40:22 PM

Wildwolf said:
Are you sure that you need 200$ processor? It's often better to go cheaper processor+better video card .
You can go for FX-4170 +OC which will give more then enough for almost any video card
Or even some lower bufget one like phenom 965

i can't understand
what u mean if i overclock fx 4170 then it will give more performance in games without 6870 gpu?
m
0
l
September 22, 2012 2:49:46 PM

I mean fx4170 or even phenom x4 + hd6950 will be give better perfomance then core i5-2500+ hd6870 .
CPU is not that much needed for games, 200$ cpu is needed only for very expensive graphic cards.
If you have 6870, better upgrade your graphics card, perfomance difference will be much higher from upgrading gpu rather then cpu.
I don't think you will see some major difference after changing cpu , probably 1-2 fps .
m
0
l
!