Your question

From Drive C to Drive D

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Boot
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 24, 2012 5:58:04 PM

hey guys i really need help at my computer i really fucked up in the boot stuff...it seems that my Drive C turned into Drive D....It happens when i tried to test an old Hard Drive when i hooked it up on my PC after that i tried to install a Windows XP Sp3 on that drive but then the hard drive failed on the installation process and now When i boot i can boot to the original HDD that i have and it just turned D into C...the old HDD is fine now cause i hook it to another PC now the problem is my original HDD wont boot because it turned into DRive D i need help guys and also i put the windows XP cd on the Original HDD and try to Delete the drive C because it said that its System Reserve and now it just wont boot...how do i fix it? or any idea how to change the drive Letters?

More about : drive drive

January 25, 2012 3:09:50 AM

but the hard drive that has in it had windows 7 install and i dont want to get it formated
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 25, 2012 3:31:42 AM

did you try repair with the win 7 dvd only with this drive on the mobo
m
l
a b G Storage
January 25, 2012 3:34:49 AM

Windows 7 Forums has a step by step W7 Repair install here. Be careful, the article is about one screen down the page - you do not need to download anything on the page.
You will need your original W7 installation disk or thumb drive.
There are a lot of steps, but t easier than a XP Repair install.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 25, 2012 3:40:40 AM

@treefrog07 good link i learn something with it
m
l
a b G Storage
January 25, 2012 2:51:24 PM

scout_03 said:
@treefrog07 good link i learn something with it

google is our friend (most of the time)