Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ghost Computer...

Last response: in Systems
January 27, 2010 2:11:05 AM

So i've been staying up later than normal during the weekdays and began to realize that my computer has been turning on every night at exactly 12:00am since I finished building it (exactly a month ago). I dint notice on the weekends because, well, I was playing on it. Does anyone know what this could be caused by? My system specs are in my signature, if that helps any. Thanks in advance.

More about : ghost computer

Best solution

January 27, 2010 2:18:20 AM

blu3flannel said:
So i've been staying up later than normal during the weekdays and began to realize that my computer has been turning on every night at exactly 12:00am since I finished building it (exactly a month ago). I dint notice on the weekends because, well, I was playing on it. Does anyone know what this could be caused by? My system specs are in my signature, if that helps any. Thanks in advance.

There is a setting in the bios that allows you to have the computer power up at whatever time you set it to. You must have inadvertently enabled it.
January 27, 2010 2:28:28 AM

Thanks, I'll look tomorrow, I need to stop staying up to see what/why it does what it does, it slaughtered my midterm grades. Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2010 2:32:23 AM

no problem
m
l
January 28, 2010 1:38:03 AM

Alright, I fixed it, it was under power management. Kudos, dude.
m
l
January 28, 2010 1:38:56 AM

Best answer selected by Blu3flannel.
m
l
!